Mixed media egg "Surprise inside"


Today I have a mixed media surprise egg for you, the egg is made out of 2 pieces and opens


Inside is space for an envelope or something jummie:-)


I covered the styropor egg with paperpatch


I cut it in squares and glued them on 


then I applied facetten lack and let dry


After drying I dry brushed with Gesso 


Then I rubbed on Memento Luxe


and the same with Versacolor ink, leave to dry again


I cut a butterfly out of cardstock and kraft paper and glued together


I cut an envelopje and covered with paper patch paper


inked the edges


Same with the tags I cut


I cut flowers, coloured and shaped 


Covered the inside of the egg with tissues


On the tags and a card I printed the text 


Over the egg I taped ribbon a bow and the tags, flowers and the butterfly, the flowers get a heart with the Perlen Pen

















As holder for the egg I tied Zutter wire binding together with burlap rope
Also works to display your cards 


This is what the egg looks like when opened 


A close-up of the holder:-)


Tomorrow I have a video for you:-)

Happy Crafting!
Gerry van der Velden

Used products:
CED1484 - Lace Butterfly
CED1458 - Exquisite Poppy
Memento Luxe, Versacolor & Versamagic ink
Zutter Wire Binding
Facetten Lack
Perlen Pen
Paper patch


Geen opmerkingen